BC & Alberta
Be Your Own Guide With Version 2020 GPS Maps for BC & Alberta!
From the islands of Haida Gwaii, where ancient First Nations villages are hidden among the rainforest and orca whales swim the open Pacific Ocean, to the plains of eastern Alberta, home to a rich farming and ranching heritage that remains as strong as it ever was, the area covered by these GPS Maps is one of stark contrast and incredible adventure opportunity. Whether you are hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, ATVing, snowmobiling or cycling, our Version 2019 GPS Maps are your ultimate guide to outdoor adventure in BC & Alberta.
Industry Leading Topographic Contours and Shading
These Garmin-licensed GPS Maps feature the height of cartographic sophistication, giving you the most detailed, easy-to-use and comprehensive maps available for BC & Alberta.
What’s New in Version 2020:
- BRMB GPS Maps are compatible with the new Garmin 66i unit with inReach technology
- Enhanced our Routable Roads with 23,000+ km of improvements to our Forest Service Road network, including adding road names and upgrading non-routable roads to routable
- Added 7,300+ km of motorized trails for ATV’s and Snowmobiles including close to 200 new trailheads and staging areas
- Added 2,000+ km of Multi-Use Trails including the Trans Canada Trail with 600+ new trailheads
- Added close to 450 km of new Paddling Routes including 135 new access and portage locations
- Added 200+ new Provincial, National and Urban Parks including close to 230 new Campsites, Huts/Shelters and Day Use/Picnic Areas
- Added 100+ new Wildlife Viewing points of interest including Scenic Areas and Fire Towers
- Added close to 125 new Public Access locations
- Added close to 75 new Backroad Attractions including historical sites and points of interest
- Added close to 75 new Winter Recreation adventures for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- Added 40 new Waterfalls
- Added 1,700+ new First Nations Reservations
- Added thousands of mile markers along Railway Corridors
- Enhanced the Snowmobile Route cartography for improved display
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading topographic maps are trusted by recreationists and industry workers alike, and are even the maps of choice for search and rescue organizations. Also included in the GPS Maps are detailed written descriptions of hunting areas, fishing lakes and rivers, national and provincial parks, wildlife viewing areas, multi-use trails and more. Carefully compiled by our team of outdoor writers and researches, these descriptions include information on access, regulations, difficulty, species and more. With thousands of adventures to take on including hiking, camping, ATVing, snowmobiling, canoeing and kayaking, the only problem you will have is deciding where to go first.
BC & Alberta GPS Map Features:
- 410+ BC & Alberta Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with 5,000+ locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 1,200 Boat Launch locations
- Over 7,200 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions, or 61,000+ km of trails in total
- Snowmobile Trails with over 660 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions, or 27,500+ km of trails in total
- ATV Trails with over 780 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions, or 27,000+ km of trails in total
- Parks with over 4,900 National, Provincial, Regional Parks and Conservation Areas with descriptions
- 1,600+ Backcountry campsites
- Over 1,900 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 2,100 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations, or 30,000+ km of paddling routes in total
- 690 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- 1,380+ Wildlife Viewing locations and descriptions
- 4,500 + City, Town and Community locations
- 77,000+ searchable land and water geographic features
- Over 370 Backcountry Huts and Cabins
- Over 1,093,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 517,000 km of routable roads
- Lake Bathymetry depth contour for close to 2,000 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other resource facilities
- Clearly defined private and leased land in BC for anglers, hunters and campers.
- Address Search and Township & Range Selection in Alberta makes navigating easier than ever.
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Includes Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities.