The Iridium® based ZOLEO satellite communicator offers everything you need to stay connected and secure when venturing beyond cell coverage. With ZOLEO, you’ll enjoy seamless global messaging that follows you in/out of cellular coverage, and a personal safety system you can count on world-wide. Connect the lightweight, durable ZOLEO device with the free ZOLEO app for smartphone/tablets to enjoy: 2-way global messaging and SOS alerting, check-in, DarkSky™ weather forecasts, the ability to share your GPS location, and more.
What makes ZOLEO unique is that it seamlessly transmits messages via the Iridium satellite network when users are beyond cell coverage, and via cellular or Wi-Fi® when it is available. ZOLEO also includes a dedicated SMS number and email address that can easily be shared with contacts you want to be accessible to.
The ZOLEO device features a long-lasting battery and durable, dust- and water-resistant design. Safety features like built-in SOS alerting and check-in buttons can be used standalone from the device, or via the free ZOLEO App. Together with the free app ZOLEO offers a familiar texting experience from your phone or tablet and great value for the money. Compatible accessories allow ZOLEO to be secured on a backpack, belt, or in a vehicle, vessel, or cabin.
ZOLEO is a perfect connectivity solution for anyone that lives, works or plays on the fringe of mobile coverage – enjoy coverage everywhere, lowest-cost message routing and a familiar ‘text’ messaging experience from phones/tablets.
- Iridium Connected™ for messaging coverage everywhere
- Dedicated Canadian or US-based SMS number and email address (sharable, recognizable)
- SOS alerting button with 24/7 monitoring and dispatch included*
- Check-in button to let others know you’re OK*
- Free app for phones/tablets supports: 2-way messaging, 2-way SOS alerting, check in, weather forecasts, location sharing and more (the app also transmits via cellular and Wi-Fi)
- 200 hours of battery life, checking messages every 12 min.
- Shock-resistant, dust- and water-resistant (IP68, MIL-STD 810G)
- Subscription required (sold separately by ZOLEO, visit ZOLEO Plans for details)
- 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
*Requires an active ZOLEO service plan to transmit messages or SOS alerts.
Free ZOLEO App for Smartphones/Tablets
The free companion app offers access to all the awesome global messaging and safety features offered by ZOLEO. And it’s easy to use!
Tip: Invite contacts to use the free app to message you app-to-app. When they do, you can exchange messages of 950+ characters, and you’ll get their messages even if your ZOLEO communicator is turned off. Plus, when messaging SMS numbers via the app, you’ll never need to worry about international roaming agreements when travelling globally. (Contacts don’t need to own a ZOLEO device to message you via the ZOLEO App.)
What’s in the Box
- Transmits via the Iridium® satellite network
- Weight: 150 g (5.3 oz)
- Size (L x W x D): 9.1 x 6.6 x 2.7 cm (3.58 x 2.6 x 1.06 in)
- Operating temperature: 20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)
- Charging temperature: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Battery life: 200 +hours checking messages every 12 minutes
- Battery charging time: 2 hours using 1.5 A charger
- IP68: dust-and water-resistant (to 1.5 m (4.9 ft) for 30 min.)
- MIL-STD 810G: shock-resistant
- Built-in check-in button*
- Power connector: Micro-USB Type B
- Audible alerts for messages
- LEDs for: messages, SOS, check-in, and power
- Built-in SOS alerting button (covered to prevent false alarms, also cancellable)*
- Connects via Bluetooth LE (one connection at a time; range of up to 50 m (164 ft))
- Location aware, GPS accuracy: 2.5 m (8.2 ft) under ideal conditions
- Requires a monthly airtime plan (sold separately, get ZOLEO Plan details)
- FCC, CE, ISED, ITU, RCM, GITECKI, REACH ROHS, Iridium approved, EC60945 (IEC 60945)
- Maritime navigation and radio communication equipment (EMC) emissions & immunity tested
Note: SOS and check-in buttons work standalone or via the ZOLEO app. In SOS mode, the ZOLEO device sends your GPS location to the emergency monitoring service (GEOS).