18-inch Dome Radar with MotionScope™ Technology
- 18-inch, 40 W solid-state, dome radar
- MotionScope™ technology uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight targets moving toward you or away in different colors to help avoid collisions, find flocks of birds, and track weather
- Pulse Compression technology provides high resolution while maximizing energy, to enhance detection and identification of targets
- Target Size allows you to adjust the size of objects on the radar image
- 20 foot to 48 nautical mile detection range
The 18-inch, 40 W solid-state Garmin GMR Fantom 18 dome radar features MotionScope technology, which uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions. Fully integrates with select Garmin chartplotters.
For a full spec sheet click here
High-power 40 W Radar with 5.2 Degree Beam
You get excellent close- and long-range target detection ranging from as close as 20 feet to 48 nautical miles, even in fog or rain. Its 5.2 degree horizontal beamwidth provides a high resolution image and high antenna gain so it can pick out targets at a distance. The result is this radar paints a clear, concise image of the shoreline, other vessels and impending weather — right on your Garmin chartplotter. You get consistent target positions, excellent target separation and reliable operation. Its 8-bit true color imagery also helps you discriminate large targets from small ones and enhances target separation. Radar data is overlaid onto charts (autopilot or heading sensor recommended). Low power consumption, instant turn on and no delay from warming up as with magnetron radars. Rotation speeds of 24 for reduced power consumption and 48 rpm to provide fast screen updates.
MotionScope Doppler Technology
GMR Fantom radars use the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather formations. The Doppler effect is the frequency shift in the radar echo due to the relative motion of the target. This allows for instant detection of any targets moving toward or away from the radar. MotionScope highlights the moving targets in different colors on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather, or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface.
It’s Your Time
All Garmin radars are designed to be easy to install and easy to use. There are no complex user settings to adjust; just install your radar and start using it. You can rely on the GMR Fantom radar to provide reliable, optimum performance in all conditions. Because, it’s your time.
In The Box
- GMR Fantom 18
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template